From 2010 through 2012, the Department of Youth & Young Adult Ministry will be implementing our strategic action plan. This plan resulted from an evaluation and assessment of our services and programs conducted in the winter and spring of 2010. Our staff hopes that through this process we may continue to understand and better address the needs of the youth, young adults, and ministry leaders whom we serve.
Our department contracted with Ministry Training Source to facilitate and conduct this assessment and evaluation, employing appropriate research vigor throughout the process.
- Fall 2009 - Evaluation planning
- February 2010 - Focus groups at Diocesan Youth Convention
- April 2010 - Online survey of pastors, youth ministry leaders and catechetical leaders
- May 2010 - Initial results shared with staff and key advisors
- July 2010 - Results report preparation
- August 2010 - Sharing of results of evaluation and assessment
- September 2010 - Strategic action plan released
- 2010-2012 - Implementation of strategic action plan